Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Hanuman. He is worshiped for His tremendous strength and unflinching devotion towards Lord Rama.
Some quick facts about Lord Hanuman
- There are 108 names of Lord Hanuman in Sanskrit, including Anjaneya, Hanumanta, Mahavira and so on
- Several texts present Lord Hanuman as an incarnation of Lord Shiva. In other words, He is an avatar of Lord Shiva also known as Rudra Avatar
- Why is Lord Hanuman always in red or orange? He once applied sindoor all over His body for the long life of Sri Ram. Since then, devotees apply sindoor and tilak from His idol.
- The word Hanuman means disfigured jaw in Sanskrit - Lord Hanuman was named Maruti. As a child, He mistook the sun to be a ripe fruit and tried to grab it. This angered Lord Indra who struck the child with a lightning bolt, which resulted in an injured cheek and jaw
- It is believed that Lord Hanuman was one of the first ones to hear the Bhagavad Gita from Lord Krishna Himself. The other three were Arjuna, Sanjaya and Barbarik.
By - Cuddly Gurus - Celebrating and honoring India's great icons.
We offer plush toys that recreate great Indian icons and will delight your little ones. Great Ganesha and Humble Hanuman capture the beauty and perfection of these superheroes and can sing five mantras with a gentle touch to their belly. All of our plush toys are made with care and devotion and accompanied by storybooks carefully crafted to engage young minds through simple, yet colorful storytelling.